After a day at the beach, one usually gets a yearning for a solid margarita and really good Mexican food. Or at least I do.
Not wanting to try the usual westside spots near us (Paco’s, Kay n Daves, or Senor G’s), we went to a fairly new spot in the south bay, Caló Kitchen + Tequila. We now have a new favorite place for a solid margarita and really good Mexican food. 🙂
Location: El Segundo
Points of Charm:
- The food is REALLY good. I got a pulled pork tamale that was slow-cooked to perfection. As leftovers the next day, it definitely held up. My chicken enchilada with green sauce was also amazing. All their meats are prepared so that they break apart with a fork and are so, so juicy.
- The complimentary chips and salsa come with this amazing black bean dip. They provide refills.
- Margaritas are delicious and beautiful. I got the pineapple and the husband got watermelon. Both hit the spot.
- The restaurant is two-stories, and the upstairs is really cute, with floor to ceiling windows. The view is just of the strip mall across the way, but the tasteful decor makes up for it.
- The staff is the nicest and extremely considerate.
One thing to note is that the restaurant is on the smaller side and can comfortably accommodate a group of 4. It’s really more of a date or small group of friends/family spot versus a 6+ person dinner.