We are celebrating a huge milestone for the #1 most important person in my life, my dear mom. Our boss lady has achieved retirement, and we felt the best way to celebrate was lunch at Panda Inn. The restaurant holds a special spot among our family because some of us have work ties to the establishment, but also, we are fans of the food. They offer a wide range from casual to fine dining. The Panda Inn located in Glendale is gorgeous inside and you can reserve a private room.
- Three flavor sizzling rice soup. This was my favorite dish actually. The soup is a clear broth but stuffed with scallop and shrimp. The rice on the bottom is silky and adds weight and texture.
- Panda Rice. Scallop and shrimp tossed in an oyster sauced stir-fried rice. Are you seeing a trend here in my favorites?
- Fruit plate. This was such a gorgeous dish, with choice fruits like lychee and dragonfruit.
Although we didn’t go for the Sunday Brunch offered in Pasadena, it is one of my favorite dining experiences. Every Sunday at Panda Inn is Sunday Brunch from 11 – 3 PM.
Sunday Brunch Highlights
- Bottomless mimosas or mai tais. (Or ask for their house-made ginger ale. It’s not a Sunday brunch special but it’s delicious).
- Tea smoked duck served in delightful little steamed wheat buns
- Fortune cookies dipped in white chocolate. They’re pretty, wrapped in colorful foil and such a nice treat after stuffing your face with honey walnut shrimp. Yes!